- Labor Market/Career
WorkKeys Job Profiling and Assessment Services
WorkKeys is a job skills assessment system measuring “real world” skills that employers believe are critical to job success. These skills are valuable for any occupation – skilled or professional – and at any level of education.
The WorkKeys job profiling component offers a concrete way for organizations to analyze the skills needed for specific jobs and to describe those needs to educators, students, and job applicants. For each position, job profiling identifies the skills and WorkKeys skill levels an individual must have to perform successfully. By comparing job profile information with individuals’ scores on the WorkKeys tests, organizations can make reliable decisions about hiring, training, and program development. Job profiling meets the validity and fairness requirements of EEOC guidelines.
The abilities to learn, listen, communicate, work in teams, and solve problems are important assets for any worker, regardless of career choice. WorkKeys assessments measure these abilities in three key areas:
- Communication – Business Writing, Listening, Reading for Information, Writing
- Problem Solving – Applied Mathematics, Applied Technology, Locating Information, Observation
- Interpersonal Skills – Teamwork
Any of the nine WorkKeys assessments can be completed in less than an hour and can be taken at schools, businesses, or other locations that administer WorkKeys. Several assessments are available in computer-based and Spanish versions.
Benefits for Business
Increase your bottom line through your employees
- Reduce turnover, overtime, and waste while increasing morale
- Take the guesswork out of your selection decisions
- Establish legal defensibility in your selection process
- Use WorkKeys to meet ISO 9000 standards and ensure quality business practices
- Get the most efficiency from your training practices
- Improve the effectiveness of your training dollars
Contact or visit your local Career Center for more information.