- About C-WIB
- For Employers
- For Jobseekers
- Contact us
Ensuring quality workforce development in the Central Missouri counties of Audrain, Boone, Callaway, Camden, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dent, Gasconade, Howard, Laclede, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Osage, Phelps, Pulaski, and Washington.
The Central Region Workforce Investment Board (C-WIB) is the body charged by the federal government, through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), with the considerable task of providing oversight of employment and training services and workforce development activities in Central Missouri. It is the group that sets policy and selects and supervises providers of employment and training programs. The board came into existence in early 2000, replacing the local private industry council.
The C-WIB is composed of two volunteer representatives from each of nineteen Central Missouri counties in addition to three private slots, with at least half of the members representing private business interest, and chaired by Bill Debo. The full board meets bimonthly, on the fourth Wednesday, to discuss future plans and to hear program and financial reports and to address any issues that arise. The C-WIB administrative office is located in the Missouri Career Center in Rolla, and is staffed by an experienced administrative group led by Executive Director Jan Vaughn.
The C-WIB is the regional source of workforce development information and initiatives and provides information about providers of employment and training services in each area of the Central Region, about workforce development opportunities, and about many other workforce related topics.
C-WIB is an equal opportunity employer with equal opportunity programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. TDD-TDY users only 711 or 800-735-2966.
Equal Opportunity Is the Law
It is against the law for this recipient of Federal financial assistance to discriminate on the following bases:
against any individual in the United States, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief; and against any beneficiary of programs financially assisted under Title I of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA), on the basis of the beneficiary’s citizenship/status as a lawfully admitted immigrant authorized to work in the United States, or his or her participation in any WIA Title I-financially assisted program or activity.
C-WIB’s office is located at:
1202 Forum Dr.
Rolla, MO 65401
- CWIB Talks State Youth Corps on KBIA 91.3
- Special Show Me Hereos Hiring Event – Success at Rolla Career Center
- Nomination for DWD State Employee of the Month Wins Vote – Rolla Career Center
- Mexico – September Job Fair a Success
- Boat Manufacturer to make $15 million investment in Missouri
- Central Region Veteran Receives Individual Achievement Award
- Missouri Career Center-Rolla Recognized for participating in Adopt-A-Vet program
- Gov. Nixon signs legislation to strengthen, expand Show-Me Heroes program
- Gov. Nixon signs targeted tax deduction to encourage Missouri small businesses to create jobs now
- MERIC Real Time Labor Market Summary – Central Region
- 42 New Manufacturing Jobs Coming to Mexico